Logos – Sustainable Logistics
LOGOS – sustainable logistics is a project for the constitution of a logistic district conceived and developed within the program of the Calabria region PISL- Integrated Plan of Local Development by a vast network of municipalities of ESARO _POLLINO _ SIBARITIDE and is primarily aimed at productions related to the agro food.
LOGOS is aimed at creating an area advanced logistics, in the territories close to the strategic axis (SS 534) that connects the TRANS-EUROPEAN CORRIDOR (Tyrrhenian Italian) and the Adriatic-JONIC CORRIDOR, which then becomes ADRIATIC-BALTIC.
The core aim is to build a logistic platform (ranging from a minimum of 15.000 to an ideal size of 65.000 square meters) in one of the most productive European agricultural areas, specialised in horticulture and fruits, especially citruses. The investment should consist in:
- building the physical infrastructure; installing a modular frozen warehouse (-25; +4);
- installing bio energy generators to source the plant;
- installing a small plant to process the products of the micro agricultural farms (sorting , packaging);e
- establishing a cluster management unit which has the best ICT platform.
LOGOS is divided into two main actions.
A1_The first action aims to create an infrastructure in the area adjacent the freight Spezzano Albanese, for the provision of storage and transit, international standards of service and highly competitive prices.
The action A1 of the integrated project local development – PISL LOGOS involves the construction of a small pole, expandable, but fully functioning in which all the skills typical of a modern infrastructure and facilities for storage and transit are present.
The study involves the construction of infrastructure works in an area of 19,303 square meters of minimum size (also expandable up to 65,000 sq m.) Equipped with surveillance systems and security, technological systems, roads and yards, fences, green areas and trees.
A2_ The second action consists in the establishment of incentives:
- companies specializing in the field of logistics systems for the cold (-25 +4);
- services for the rationalization and qualification processes of post production (sorting, packaging, …);
- infrastructure and services for information and communication technologies aimed at supporting the needs of digital connectivity and advanced services for the monitoring of the flows, the management of the cold chain and control throughout the supply chain;
- infrastructure and services for the communications functions;
- marketing and commercialization.
The feasibility study has allowed to confirm the existence in the territory of a demand for storage and transit, which are, however, based on infrastructure modernly designed, equipped with appropriate technology and sustainable, in terms of the environmental and economic and financial solutions, operated by a business entity with proven expertise in the field.
LOGOS aims to optimise and rationalise the management of the most deficient phases of the production process by grouping them together and thus reducing costs, while it raises the market value and thus competitiveness.
In a context of strong pulverization of the productive activities, characterised by significant diseconomies of scale and under utilisation of market opportunities, the project, through an integration of public and private resources, it is proposed to create a logistics infrastructure and technical services complementary to manufacturing of the territory.
Once completed the project, the infrastructure will also be able to take advantage of adequate economies of scope and scale, offering services for:
- collection of goods;
- processing of products (sorting, quality control, classification, packaging appropriate labeling and technical documentation and accompanying advertising …);
- composition and decomposition of the cargo units;
- order management;
- management of inventory control;
- cargo handling;
- storage (with advanced technologies designed to monitor and preserve the organoleptic quality and integrity of the products);
- transport of goods, based on the selection of transport solutions draw on intermodality, in order to minimise the time spent and the achievement of destinations;
- packing loads;
- management of information flows (from order to billing and debt collection),
- advanced services of ICT, communication, marketing and commercialization (including foreign trade, …).
The partnership project proponent of LOGOS comprises: Pollino Park Authority; Acquaformosa; Altomonte; Firmo; Lungro; Mottafollone; San Donato di Ninea; San Sosti; Sant’Agata di Esaro; Castrovillari; Civita; Frascineto; Morano Calabro; San Basile; San Lorenzo del Vallo; Saracen; Spezzano Albanian; Laino village; Laino castle; Mormanno